Saturday morning, we hit the local China MegaMart and loaded up on stuff we're pretty sure we won't be able to find in Small State East Coast for the next two years! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Black Hair Seaweed, Kaya coconut preserves, and bulk-sized oyster sauce aren't exactly available in every supermarket? (And CERTAINLY not at the prices you can get in a good China Mart here!)
After our MAJOR haul, we met up with some of Louh Gung's friends for dim sum. (Incidentally, it was the same restaurant that Louh Gung and I went to for our first date! Actually, it was most of the same people, too! Oh, and before I get ahead of myself, that date wasn't really a "date", but I didn't know it at the time. Apparently, it was lunch with friends...open ended. Since he decided I was worth his time, we extended our morning dim sum into afternoon shopping...and that, apparently, is when it became a date - as soon as he decided he was having fun. ;-) Gotta love options!) Dim Sum was fabulous, BBJ was an ANGEL, and we had a great time.
After BBJ's nap, Louh Gung, BBJ and I met Uncle Ted at a park so he could kick Louh Gung's trash all over the tennis court.
Kind of.

BBJ and I had fun on the playground - she figured out how to get up and down the slide all by herself!

She loved the swings, but they couldn't hold her attention for more than a few minutes. This kid has to move!

When both boys were completely worn out on the court, we all went our separate ways. Louh Gung took a quick shower, and then we took off for the Arboretum. I can't believe I've lived here for 14 years and never been out to the Arboretum during Cherry Blossom Season! There is a grass path that runs almost the length of the park lined with the most beautiful mature flowering cherry trees. Imagine my surprise, walking through the park, trying to find the path, when I ran into Grandma and Auntie Bert! They joined us for our tour of the park, taking turns pushing BBJ, or holding her hand while she romped.

(BBJ was not pleased to be back in her stroller for this shot, but the ground was muddy and steep...and she's not as rugged as she looks!)



We all slept pretty hard that night!
The last picture is very cute.
ReplyDeleteoh, dat BBJ is something else. cute, cute, cute.
ReplyDeleteMaybe she wasn't happy, but she sure looks cute with that expression.
ReplyDeleteYou know what? I've never been to the Arboretum either. Maybe it is because I was "local" I never did any of the sight-seeing stuff. Anyways, the cute outfit I bought from a friend. I bought her demo she used for her daughter, but she sells TONS of adorable stuff on ebay. Check her out. Boutique-y, a little pricey, but I know she has sales sometimes. But honestly, where else can you buy pants with ruffles, bloomers, skirts with fluff and aprons? Her business is called 81 Gingerbread Lane. :)
ReplyDeleteare those baby legs i see??
ReplyDeletelove em :)
thanks for stopping by my world - i will be back!