Someday, I really will get pictures up here - truly, I will!
Friday morning, as you know, I rushed out to JoAnn's for my fabric. I came away with some really adorable flannel for baby blankets, along with some other little goodies to play with. By the time I got home, BBJ and Lo Gung were showered, dressed, fed and ready to roll!
Where you ask? Why....to Philadelphia, of course! Why? To visit family. Not just any family - an aunt and uncle that I had never met before. (Oh, the anxiety was acute, I can tell you!)
We left the house right about 9 am and arrived in the Historical Part of Philadelphia right around noon. We saw the Liberty Bell. We saw the Bettsy Ross house, and the building where the Constitution was signed. My favorites, I think, were an underground Ben Franklin museum and Elefreth Alley, the "oldest neighborhood in the country." It was originally just a little back alley that poor Irish immigrants lived in, and then moved out of as quickly as they were able. Today, the homes are still being used as residences, with the stipulation that the exterior be kept as true to the originals as possible.
Friday night, we met Lo Gung's aunt and uncle at the King of Prussia Mall (absolutely the largest mall I have EVER been to, and the second largest mall in the US) and then went out for a true Chinese dinner, near their home.
BBJ was a champ that night - we set up a little mattress for her on the floor, and she fell right to sleep! She stayed that way until 6:15 the next morning. She stayed in her own bed for another 15 minutes, and then climbed into our bed. When she had successfully woken both of her parents up, we all decided that a shower was going to be the easiest way to keep her from dancing and singing and waking up auntie and uncle.
We spent this morning at a FABULOUS dim sum parlor in Philly Chinatown, bought some groceries, and then took the long drive home. Our three hour drive became a 5 hour drive as we tried to cross through New Jersey and go around NYC. (THERE HAS GOT TO BE A BETTER WAY!!!!!!)
One funny thing - BBJ was absolutely convinced that auntie (Suk Poh) and uncle (Suk Gung) were really MaMa and YehYeh, Lo Gung's parents. She could NOT figure out why they wouldn't run around and play with her, bend to her every whim, and fulfil her every desire. It was nice that she warmed up to them so quickly, though. ;-)
I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but my labours got longer (and started later) with each successive kid.
ReplyDeleteHere's the lowdown.
http://momedy.blogspot.com/2008/09/labour-day.html
I'm not quite sure at this moment where all my birth stories are apart from this one (my last and easiest :)
http://www.ksayerdoula.com/birthstory.html
I did not realize you were that close. If you need to dial-a-doula at anytime don't hesitate :)