Monday, February 9, 2009

It's Monday Again

In honor of this special day (Monday doesn't come around just every day, after all!), I have a little list of funnies to share. (Yeah, I got this in my e-mail this morning. It struck me as really funny..I think I'm going to have one of those sarcastic, busy days today. You know the ones? I felt sorry for myself yesterday...and that is so last week!) (I received this from http://www.gcfl.net/)


Written by Ben Connolly
(edited by GCFL)

1. When someone points at his wrist while asking for the time. I know where my watch is, pal; where is yours? (Maybe they just think I don't know where my watch is?)

2. Someone who is willing to get off the couch to search the entire room for the TV remote because he refuses to walk to the TV and change the channel manually. (Umm...yeah.)

3. When people say, "Oh, you just want to have your cake and eat it too." Of course I do! What good is cake if you can't eat it? (This one really hits home. Siu Jeun is sensitive to Dairy - he cries and throws up. Not fun! I made cookies yesterday for my Primary class, using a cake mix. Did you know that boxed cake mix has skim milk in it? Yeah...neither did I. Oi. I've got the cake...can't eat it though. Oh well - better for my waistline, right?)

4. When people say, "It's always the last place you look." Of course it is. Why in the world would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they? (How many times have I asked this question? And yet, I can't seem to stop myself from saying it!)

5. When people say while watching a movie at the theater, "Did you see that?" No, loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the floor. (This would involve FIRST shelling out the $12 to go to the theatre. That doesn't happen often around here!)

6. People who ask, "Can I ask you a question?" Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya, sunshine? (Hahahaha...oh, it cracks me up EVERY TIME somebody says this to me. Not. I just want to ask you a question!!)

7. When something is "new and improved." Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, so it couldn't be new. (But if we couldn't call it new and improved, what would the television and radio announcers SAY in their big ol' sonorous voices?!)

8.When people say, "Life is short." What are they talking about?? Life is the longest thing anyone ever does and still remembers! What can you do on earth that's longer? (They have a good point, you know?)

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks, "Has the bus come yet?" If the bus came, would I be standing here? (Special nod to Captain Obvious...)

Received from Emily G.

Happy Monday Morning, y'all. It's 9 am here, and the day is full of possibilities! Honestly, I love Mondays. Monday to Friday is when I get stuff done around the house. Weekends are for playing and feeling guilty about what I didn't get done. (And coercing Lo Gung into doing it for me!) I'm wearing Siu Jeun....I've just reconciled myself to the fact that he is not going to sleep for more than ten minutes otherwise. BBJ isn't exactly conducive to a quiet house!

On my plate today - I want to wash ALL of our sheets today. I am going to make a big pot of turkey chili that will hopefully last for a few meals. I'm going to wear this boy while BBJ is up so he can sleep. When they both go down for their mid-day naps (yes, I am that lucky!) I'm going to work out, take a shower, and get dressed.

Incidentally, on Saturday, we introduced a new tradition to Casa LoLo - Daddy Daughter Date Day! On Saturday morning, I helped BBJ get dressed, wrote up a shopping list, and sent Lo Gung and BBJ on their way. They went to Target and bought stuff. They went to the mall and bought stuff. They went to the game store and returned stuff. They came home just in time for lunch and BBJ's nap. And you want to know what? Siu Jeun slept from the time they left (10 am) until almost dinner time (when BBJ woke up from her late nap). I used the time to put together my lesson for Primary the next day, and go over some menu possibilities for the week, and make the (milk containing :-() cookies.

Siu Jeun was like a different baby!! He hasn't slept that much since before Ma and YehYeh arrived! Poor kid was exhausted. (And yes, I'm completely cooped up here...but it's been below 35 degrees forEVER, and sometimes it's just easier to stay home with the baby!)

What are YOU going to get done today?

6 comments:

  1. You had a productive day, didn't you? So, you didn't freak and go in and check on him every 30 minutes while he was sleeping and wake him up? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and daughter have a date every Saturday morning. It's a great way for me to get some quiet time, and a great way for them to bond, since he does the 9-5 routine. He takes her to Baby Gym or the park, and then to the bookstore or perhaps to Target. By lunchtime, I miss them both, and they're happier from playing with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your late night IM schedule scares me. Goodnight. I'm going to bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's an awesome day!! Go you! Can't say i've been that productive lately, but you've inspired me. Let's see what i can do today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post just reminded me that I forgot to wash our sheets before we left on our trip! Not that my husband cares, and if he did, he could do it himself. But it was on my To Do list. I'm going to be thinking about it for the next month until I get home!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!