Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting That Perfect Shot...

Siu Jeun was chilling on his tie-down blanket and brand new burp cloth the other day....and he was so happy...I thought I'd try to get a good shot of him!

Getting down on his level is kind of useless right now....unless you'd like to check out the SIZE OF THAT UPPER LIP. Or look up his nose. But, whatever - right?

Hmm...the nose is clean. Nothing to report here. As portraits go, though, this aint it!

We're getting better. I realized that if I wanted him to be smiling for the camera, and actually looking at it, I couldn't have the camera in front of my face. I carefully focused on him, then moved my head and tried to get him engaged. He was wary at first.

He's warming up to the idea, but still reluctant to LOOK AT MOMMY.

Nope, still no dice..but isn't he cute, though?

Oops...well, he's looking at me, but the camera moved! Doh!

I think I see a smile in those eyes, but I can't quite tell, seeing as how I cut his face in half. *SIGH*

Oh! Oh! We're getting there! It's a smile, and I'm not looking up his nose! Woohoo!

Aah...there's that Money Shot! That's the one I was waiting for!
Hi, gorgeous boy.

Oops...and, just like that, it's gone. The moment is over, the magic has flown.

And....we're back to the meditative Eating of the Hand. (This kid can almost fit his whole fist in his mouth! That's when you know he's Really Hungry and Crying is about to start!)

7 comments:

  1. I just want to tickle him under that sweet little chin. They are all perfect. How could they not be featuring such a sweetie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He adorable. And your photog skills aren't half bad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooooooo adorable!
    thanks for the comment this morning..does your toddler want to come clean my house? :)
    have a fabulous day with your sweet munchkins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is changing so much and fast too! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!