Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Apostle's Message on Easter

I want to be serious for a moment. Today is Easter. Today we celebrate Christ's Resurrection. I would like you to know that I believe that Christ was God's son, physically separate from the Father. I believe that He led a perfect life, and was crucified and died. I believe that three days later, He overcame death, rose again, and gave all mankind the same opportunity. Through his Atonement, we can be forgiven, and through His Resurrection, we can find Eternal Life. By following His example and completing all that He requires of us, including the restored ordinances of his original church, performed by the proper authority and with His priesthood, we can be reunited with our Heavenly Father and live with our families, forever.

I am grateful for the Gospel in my life. I am grateful for the Temples that we have, where we can perform ordinances that seal families together for time and all eternity. And, on this day especially, I am grateful for my beautiful children. I am amazed that Heavenly Father would entrust their precious souls and education to my care.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Please enjoy this video. The speaker is Elder Holland, an Apostle for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

2 comments:

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!