And now we get to my favorite part of the week - the part where YOU do my blogging for me!

It's simple - I post a question, you comment with an answer, and we are all edified together. (If you'd like more questions to answer, or would like to play along, head on over to Island Life and link up!)
So my question is...
What are you reading right now?
I don't think it's a secret that I lurve me some fantasy. Give me an impossible situation, and a happy ending made possible by magic, fairies, vampires, or magic wands, and I'm a happy girl. (Only if they can get to that happy ending by keeping all their clothes on and their mouths clean, mind you. House of Night series, I'm looking at you. Shame on you!) I read Twilight again this week, and am all set to pounce into some Fablehaven. You?
I just started Mei-Ling Hopgood's memoir "Lucky Girl." I'm hoping to finish it this weekend while the Tongginator and her Great Aunt P douse each other with flour in the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteReading 1 Nephi...and that's it! I picked up "Little Women" at the library, but put it back- I need to get started on Christmas presents :)
ReplyDeleteI am reading Agatha Christie's 'Appointment with Murder'.
ReplyDeleteYeah, not very exciting, but it does a good job lulling me to sleep at night :)
Have a good weekend!
I just finished one this afternoon. I'm not sure what to start next. My pile is HUGE.
ReplyDeleteI'm reading October Song by Beverly Lewis (Not her best work- but it's pretty good), The Beauty & The Mystery by Clayton King.
ReplyDeleteThe Game Before The Game
ReplyDeleteI just finished The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart, as well as Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas. I usually read YA and fantasy, but Tallgrass was a great historical fiction novel (no, not historical romance!).
ReplyDeleteI'm actually not reading anything. I just finished re-reading the Harry Potter series in a week & now my brain has gone nuts.
ReplyDeleteJust finished reading Good Things by Mia King. Tonight I hope to finish the follow up book Table Manners that just came out this week. Up after that will be The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs.
ReplyDeleteTribute by Nora Roberts. I've been reading it all summer.
ReplyDeleteI am reading Understanding Other People.
ReplyDeleteOoo, I like Fablehaven. I'm reading Glenn Beck's new book right now--not nearly as exciting as vampires or magic wands. ;)
ReplyDeleteI read blogs and magazine and do puzzle books. I haven't read a reading book in a while.
ReplyDeleteGot a free book as part of summer promotion at the library - it's Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot (she wrote Princess Diaries too).
ReplyDeleteI haven't been able to sit down and enjoy a good book for quite awhile so unless reading childrens books to my children and reading the occasional blogs count. I will have to say nothing.
ReplyDeleteI am reading "The Pretend Wife" by Bridget Asher. I found out about it in the "What Are You Reading?" column of the San Diego Reader, which is a free weekly. The premise was interesting to me--a woman agrees to pose as an old boyfriend's wife for the benefit of his mother, who is dying. The complication is that she's married already, and so must lead a double life.
ReplyDeleteWhile it was the premise that drew me in, it's the writing that's making me stay. Her style is felicitous to me--I feel like we have something in common. But it's definitely not fantasy--lots of reality here. :)
I've actually read 3 books in the last week or so. First was Wings, which might fit what you're looking for-- fantasy. It reminded me a little too much of twilight for my taste, though.
ReplyDeleteAmaranth Enchantment (pretty sure that's the spelling) was really good.
And last was Miss Spitfire, a book about Helen Keller & anne sullivan. Also really good.
Ooh I loved the Friday Night Knitting Club. Have to remember to get my hands on part two.
ReplyDeleteI've never read Agatha Christie, I should.
I'm reading Death of a Poisoned Pen by M C Beaton. Hamish McBeth in Scotland mysteries. She also writes Agatha Raisin mysteries set in the Cotswalds in England.
Way to go! So close to your milestone! How are you going to celebrate? Hopefully a lovely treat for yourself... shopping maybe for that newer slim body? : )
Enjoy your weekend!
The Life of Pi.
ReplyDeleteI'm about to start Sophie Kinella's new book. Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteGood for you on the weight loss! Sad to say neither one of the girls helped suck off any of the weight after the first 6 weeks (even though I nursed Rachel for well over a year!!) I'm happy that it works for some people!! Oh, and not reading anything at the moment but I'll have to read some of your comments to get some ideas:)
ReplyDeletei just finished "the guardian" by nicholas sparks. im planning to read southern vampires by chairlaine harris next :)
ReplyDeletealoha!