Friday, August 28, 2009

Fitness/Aloha Friday

Fitness first: Well, a little good news this week - down .4 pounds! My official goal-date is December 31...but I'm harboring this secret little dream to reach my goal before I see my twin sister next month. I'm about four pounds away...think I can do it? (Umm...do think think the chocolate birthday cake I'm eating for breakfast is going to help me reach my goal? Hey, at least I'm having milk with it, Mom. That makes it OK, right?)

And now we get to my favorite part of the week - the part where YOU do my blogging for me!



It's simple - I post a question, you comment with an answer, and we are all edified together. (If you'd like more questions to answer, or would like to play along, head on over to Island Life and link up!)

So my question is...
What do you do with pithy peaches.

I bought some gorgeous peaches last Friday...and now they're not so gorgeous anymore. The peaches still taste great, but they are mealy and dry inside. Not good eats!

I can't just throw away a pound of peaches...so what do I do with them? Peach butter? Will they be OK in a crisp?
I'll choose the best idea and make it after noon, EST..so hurry! (Thanks, guys. :-))

16 comments:

  1. Peach jam, peach syrup, or smoothies. French toast with fresh fruit syrup is TO DIE FOR! Actually my favorite is French toast with fresh peaches sliced on top with plum syrup over all of it, but peach syrup is yummy too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would try peach preserves, but I will add tht I've yet to make them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit it- I'd probably pith them if I cannot eat them. I just don't have the time to do anything else.
    Have a great Friday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/waiting-for-weather-to-cooperate.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peach jam, or even better, Peach Wine! :) They might be OK in a crisp, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, smoothies seem like a good idea. If they still taste good, you can't go wrong with a smoothie. I think. But I'm not really all that great with the domesticity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, they'd be good frozen in a smoothie :) Here's what I did with my peach SKINS yesterday- I'm sure you could dice up the whole mealy fruit and proceed with the recipe. (But...a pound of peaches is...one peach, right?? Two peaches??)

    http://www.pickyourown.org/peachhoney.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really have no idea but I like the smoothie suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I feel bad because I just throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you took my idea of throwing them in the garbage, so...I got nothin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A peach crisp sounds yummy...and make it fast! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know, but next time this happens at our house I am going to try some of these suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't like peaches so I don't know what a pithy peach is lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peach pie or peach cobbler would be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!