Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chickamamas...and Back-pedaling

Chickammas...have you ever heard of them? Don't worry - before last night, I hadn't heard of them, either.




Lo Gung has quite the sense of humor.


While I was wrapping up a class at church, Lo Gung was wrangling the kids in the general direction of the car. By the time I got to the car, BBJ was completely wrapped up in Lo Gung's story.


In the forest, there are monsters. They are called chikamamas.


That's it.


My mommy radar started going off...I could sense a nightmare in the making...and I started Back-Pedaling.


"Yeah, BBJ - the chickamamas are in the forest...with Totoro! Yeah, they're friends with Totoro."


Her face lit up. Lo Gung got into the act.


"Yeah, and they look like bunnies! Really. Big. Bunnies."


So, now we have Chickamamas. They're huge bunnies and they live in the forest, with Totoro. They're magic - you can't always see them.


When we got home, we took her down to the compost pile and showed her the pumpkin peels that the Chickamamas would eat that night.

5 comments:

  1. Good save, mum. And dad.

    Muahahaha... chickamamas indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds of an email I'd received about this story of a boy and girl student taking turns writing a sentence to complete a story. The girl was all about the "soft" things (chamomile tea, etc.) and the boy would inject bandits and guns into the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And he named his monster after two female names? I hope he was on cough syrup when he did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I must be a really big bunny because in my pregnancy work-out video she calls us Chickamamas. Cute story!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!