
As the weather turns warmer, I've found that lunch time is a lot happier (for everyone!) if I shuffle the kids outside to eat. It's kind of a win-win: I don't have any floors to mop afterwards, and Siu Jeun doesn't get in (as much) trouble for flinging his food when he's done eating it!
(I learned a valuable lesson that first time, though - our first Lunch-Nice Day was when Lo Gung was out of town last month. As I sat curled up on the couch, waiting to get sleepy, I heard a bump outside...followed by some scrabbling...followed by more bumping. Pretty certain of what I'd find, I peeked out the window...and found a LARGE raccoon on my deck, carefully picking up and eating all of the grapes that Siu Jeun had strewn about after lunch time. After that, I made sure to use the scruffy outdoor broom to sweep all remains of the lunch off of the deck onto the lawn below. If the raccoons want to clean up after us, that's fine...but I'd rather they didn't do it in the one tick/mud-free area the kids have to play in!)
Oh, and one more thing I love about our LACK "kids table" - it's so light, I can carry it out with one hand, while I carry the kids' lunches with the other. Nice!
So convenient to have little critters cleaning after you! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen I used to visit my grandparents, I could conveniently slip my unwanted veggies off my plate onto the floor, because I knew the dogs would gobble them up!
What great pics, so cute!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! :)
ReplyDeleteI wish I am there to enjoy the 70 degree weather. BTW, why does bad weather always follow me? It was pouring rain and crazy windy here in Seattle.
ReplyDelete