A few weeks ago, Ming Wai and I rounded up our tulip bulbs, some old containers, a bit of river rock...and we set about forcing some bulbs. The first ones to bloom were these lovely pink ladies. (We're still waiting for our "black" tulips. They out to come out a lovely deep, deep purple. If they ever decide to bloom.) One of the pots was claimed by Ming Way as "hers." It was one that I let her do all by herself - scooping the rock in carefully, and placing the tulip bulbs Just So. Imagine my surprise when, in her little pot, appeared a little miniature tulip...just her size. Just like her - so beautiful...and so darned Itty Bitty! (The tulip to the left of our little mini friend is a normal sized tulip. It looks massive, but I promise it's a very standard 12" or so.)
A stay-at-home Mormon Mom, raising a small Eurasian family, crafting and sewing when the mood strikes her, and loving every minute of it!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Just Her Size
A few weeks ago, Ming Wai and I rounded up our tulip bulbs, some old containers, a bit of river rock...and we set about forcing some bulbs. The first ones to bloom were these lovely pink ladies. (We're still waiting for our "black" tulips. They out to come out a lovely deep, deep purple. If they ever decide to bloom.) One of the pots was claimed by Ming Way as "hers." It was one that I let her do all by herself - scooping the rock in carefully, and placing the tulip bulbs Just So. Imagine my surprise when, in her little pot, appeared a little miniature tulip...just her size. Just like her - so beautiful...and so darned Itty Bitty! (The tulip to the left of our little mini friend is a normal sized tulip. It looks massive, but I promise it's a very standard 12" or so.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, I love tulips!! If flowers are not so expensive here, I'd love to have tulips every day. :)
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful. Ours are blooming in the yard and look so nice!
ReplyDeleteSorry I've been absent. Sick again:(
Our pint-sized beauty, we love you Ming Wai! Daddy's bringing home some goodies for you, make sure you ask him what Aunt Myrnie sent! (Do you like Tinkerbell?)
ReplyDeleteLove-
Aunt Myrnie
That's so cool. Were they hard to force? Does it always work? Lots of questions, I know. I saw a pot of tulip at the florist yesterday - going for $20. Look how much you saved!
ReplyDeleteAh, spring. Lovely. The forcing sounds so violent, though...
ReplyDelete