Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Moving Right Along

December 2010 005December 2010 006December 2010 007

 

Christmas 2010 is done. Over. Packed up. (Packed, incidentally, into two red and green tote boxes I found at Freddy’s, 2/$9. Not bad, eh?)

 

How about you? Are you ready to move right along? New Years, for us, has come and gone as well. (But Chinese New Year is right around the corner! Woot!) We celebrated with four sniffly noses, and one really random (and not very fun) stomach thing for me. So, the kidlets were tucked in at 8:30, and Mommy and Daddy followed suit around 10:30. (We’re such party animals, right?!) That’s not even the best part! At 1:50 am, the alarm goes off and it’s time for Lo Gung to drive to the airport to pick up my little sister. Because he’s a rock star like that. (She opted to spend her holidays where there is SNOW this year, in Michigan with friends. Of course, by the time she left Michigan, it was rainy and in the 50’s. And it was snowing in Seattle. Heh.  But she had a great time, and that’s what matters. And hubs and I slept like logs from 3 am until 8:30 am, which is really what mattered for us. So…all’s well that ends well!)

The big girl is over her little New Years Nose Thing, the little dude…isn’t. He isn’t (affectionately) called Prince Snot for nothing! (Well, technically it’s 鼻涕 王子. Bei Taai Wohng Ji. But it means Prince Snot. Heh.)

 

We made up for our lack-luster New Years Eve with a family-wide pancake breakfast, here, on New Years Day. Oh, and we watched Despicable Me. I think we’ve just come up with a new tradition! Besides – these days, I much prefer sleep to watching a ball drop in Times Square, you know what I’m saying?

 

How did y’all celebrate? Wishing you health, happiness, clarity and peace for 2011!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you've been having such a nice time, and have been so industrious in packing up Christmas 2010. :)

    One of my New Year's resolutions is to finally get Jarrah's passport, so we can go visit her relatives in Australia! I think it's finally time! :) We got the photos done this weekend, so I think we're on our way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've already packed up Christmas? I think I may have to hate you now. Because Christmas again threw up all over my living room. I am moving slowly, tackling one little bit at a time.

    Sorry y'all were sick for New Years, but REALLY excited that I could read the characters. I didn't know Prince was Wang Zi (Mandarin, not Cantonese), but I immediately figured out Child King = Prince. Whoot! Four years of being clueless in class paid off.

    Well, it paid off at least once.

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny! My kids were in bed by 8:30 and we went to bed at 10:30 as well! But we'd been skiing all day... and we're older! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had such a crummy new year's eve. Here's looking you're all much much better now.

    I've mostly put away the Christmas stuff. Except out front. Mostly because I don't know what else to put on the porch if I take away the Christmas stuff. Is it Ok to leave it out there til spring? Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a blessed 2011!

    The tree is down, the ornaments are in a box. Still have to put the box away, though. It's been sitting there since Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is beyond beautiful. I really, really love it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!