Can someone please tell me how this happened?! I’m seriously concerned.
I mean, honestly. This little dude is still a baby, right? Right??!
A baby that has successfully mastered every button, hinged object and mechanical…mechanism in the house. *sigh*
I didn’t want to believe it, but the laundry this week stopped me in my tracks. I clearly remember last winter’s laundry - shirt for shirt, pants for pants, Siu Jeun and I were evenly matched. For every shirt he smeared food on, he would smear (or otherwise spatter) me with whatever he was eating. I ended up buying a cheap, and huge, fleece cardigan from GAP and wearing it daily. It absorbed the worst of the messes.
Its been months since I’ve used that old sweatshirt as a protection against anything besides the cold.
And now…just look! The towering pile on the left is Siu Jeun’s. Nothing’s changed there. By the end of the day, he has bits and bobs of every meal and adventure that has come his way.
Next to that are Lo Gung’s, Ming Wai’s and my piles. I am once again able to wear a pair of jeans more than once before they become a road map of the day. And shirts. They don’t have snot! Or yogurt! Or Peanut Butter! Or anything! else! on the shoulders at night. That’s nice…
And I just realized that in a few years…his clothes will be much larger. And will probably fill an entire load. And…I’d better start teaching that kid how to do his own laundry, right? *sigh* He could probably manage it now, if I’d let him…kid’s good with buttons. (And yes, that includes pushing mine.)
Bewilderedly yours,
Aunt LoLo
PS – I posted over at Chow Review today with a recipe for a Chinese Corn and Egg Drop Soup. Hearty, warming and quick. You probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry. Go check it out!
Well, when the clothes get bigger they get less food mess on them...and more dirt. ;) then again, with the holes in the knees and such shouldn't they take up less space?!
ReplyDeleteI need to send you a message sometime. We have the address, in Chinese, of Sarah's foster family and I want to send them something. I just can't trust copying that handwritten address of Chinese characters will make it out of the US okay. ;)
WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR BABIES!? Yours stomping around declaring "I'm NOT Grumpy!" Mine putting on a robe and coyly saying "I'm a PWINCESS, Mommy."
ReplyDeleteAnd don't worry, Aunt LoLo. Give me a few more weeks. You'll have your "shoulder badges" back. Better get that cardigan out!
I hear ya! Sunshine goes through about four outfits a day... and I change my shirt at least once. Yesterday, I went to a church activity, looked down at my legs and realized that my black pants were smeared all over the place with dried yogurt.
ReplyDeleteOur family of four goes through about 1 1/2 loads of laundry per day. Which seems ridonkulous to me.
I'm jealous of your front loading washer and dryer.
This post just makes me giggle and makes me a tiny bit sad because my last baby is growing up too. I'm excited to be done with diapers, but I'm so going to miss the tiny body to snuggle and the pudgy hands on my face. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteP.S. Love the cardigan idea. Wish I would have thought of that years and years ago.
The up side.. your laundry is decreasing for you, and you have more to wear.
ReplyDeleteThe down side..your babies are getting bigger, and soon you'll be swimming in laundry!!
:)