Today was our scheduled day for the house cleaner to come, so we had to be out of the way. Usually, we would fill the morning with gym classes, but with the holiday today...we had to come up with our own fun time. Being the creative geniuses that we are, we first took the kids to McDonalds for breakfast and about 2 hours of play time. After that, it was a few quick errands, and lunch at our favorite sushi place. On the way home, I read an e-mail from my father asking if anybody was up for a hamburger cookout. Yes, sir! I love it when I don't need to plan dinner.
We came home to a spotless house (I love days like that) and spent about two hours unwinding before my family started to show up. My awesome little brother brought Thomas Kemper root beer, chips, and supplies for root beer floats. My cool brother in law showed up with some veggies for dipping, and my nieces and nephew. (My sisters weren't able to make it.) Dad strode through the door bearing buns and hamburger patties for the grill, and Mom swooped in and took care of the baby so I could get the finishing touches on some hamburger toppings and a salad. (Baby Tahlia is INSANELY hungry right now, and eating every 1-2 hours. Having someone else carry her is a luxury Lo Gung and I do not take lightly!)
We ate our burgers, the kids played until they were crazy, and then it was time to say goodnight. During dinner, my Mom and I chatted briefly about the family members we have who have fought for our country. I believe, in our family tree, we have every war of our country's history represented. I am proud of my cousins who have served and are still serving, and am proud of those who came before us who served. Thank you!
Lo Gung, Grill Master
Ming Wai and her cousin Cocoa playing "hello!".
My brother in law playing around with a video he had made earlier this weekend of my little brother singing an audition piece. See the mixer in the background? He means BUSINESS, yo. This is serious stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!