Thursday, May 23, 2013

Some Thoughts

My baby has reached that odd stage of mobility that her auntie likes to call "oozing." Meaning, she is not exactly saying, "Self! Move!" but she certainly isn't staying still either. She is rotating, grabbing everything she can reach, and dragging it along for the ride. 

I spent a lot of my day with this view. I don't know if it is teething, or the cheese on the bacon sausage pizza that I just couldn't resist last night, but Baby Ying Ying will only agree to take her daytime naps firmly strapped to my front right now. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love our Ergo carrier?? I can wear her for hours on end, and my back doesn't get sore. Tired, yes - good grief, the girl weighs 18 pounds! But after nearly 7 straight days of baby wearing, the only thing that is "sore" is my hips from strapping it on too tight. Love.) 

Final thought of the night? Adams peanut butter. I opened a fresh warehouse sized jar today, and there must be a trick that I just don't know yet, but goodness gracious! I'm all for shortening free PB&J's. I would just like to eat my peanut bits, peanut oil and ground peanut butter all at once, you know? I always end up sploshing the peanut oil down the side of the jar when I try to mix it up - without the shortening in there to emulsify everything, you end up with a layer of peanuts, a layer of oil, and a progressively dense layer of peanut butter. Please, someone out there must be better at this - what am I missing? 

That is all. 

(Oh, I almost forgot! Today is Ming Wai's "Friday", since she has a long four-day weekend off of school. Hooray! The kids are celebrating by having another "sleepover" in Siu Jeun's room. Love it.) 

1 comment:

  1. I always eat the natural already mixed peanut butters cuz I hate the stirring in those other types of natural peanut butters...!!! What a mess!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!