Picture this: The sun has gone down, your backyard flock has gone to bed, but there are still chores to be done! Someone needs to make sure all the coop doors are locked shut, there is food in the feeders, water in the waterers, all the eggs are gathered for the day, and there are the appropriate number of feet and beaks sleeping in the hen house.
I don't know about you, but I personally only possess two hands. One to hold the flashlight so I can see what I'm doing and don't trip and fall down the stairs, and one to do whatever I can accomplish one-handed. What if I need to move a brick that was blocking a door open? Move a chicken who has forgotten to go home for the night? Carry two types of food into the yard? I need two hands for those jobs. In the past, I have had to relinquish my hold on my light source, with less than stellar results and a dirty flashlight to show for it.
Well!
Gone are the days of tucking the flashlight under your arm and hoping for the best. I bring you.....
.....a headlamp!
Pretty sure it's going to be all the rage. (The headlamp. Not my amazing Muppet impression. Or my fabulous hair. Although, if that style caught on, it would make my life immeasurably simpler...)
(Picked up a pack of three of these bad boys at Costco tonight, for just $9.99. LED, and takes 3 AAA batteries. Can't beat that! They'd also be great for bike riders, road warrior joggers, and people who like to crawl into dark spaces and use tools to fix things. Those type of people.)
(On a completely unrelated note, how long do you think I can hide these from the four year old?)
we have 'em from Costco too, awesome stocking stuffers and they are one of Jordan's favorite toys! We wear 'em while we eat, to look under tents, to climb through tunnels, etc. Amazing!
ReplyDeleteYou wear them while eating??! Pretty awesome! (But how do you keep from blinding each other from across the table???)
DeleteThat is gorgeous! Miles says "I like it." ;) And also, the chickens would like it for a warmer (Miles) :)
ReplyDelete