Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Post about Ying Ying's Cake

This post is nothing but photos of my newly-minted one year old attacking her birthday cake. And I'm not sorry. This is one of my favorite traditions - my family has used this forever to get an early glimpse at a child's personality. For example, my twin sister and I. My twin carefully dipped her finger into her cake and licked the frosting off. Me? I looked left. I looked right. Then I did a face plant. I'm sure it was glorious, and it is so me. I do, or I do not do. There is no try. 

Ying Ying was pretty thrilled that there was a whole cake coming her way. She is a bona fide chocolate lover, and she had already sampled some of the cake when I trimmed hers up to even up the top. 







Her brother and sister got a little bored watching her...not eat. So they came over to try and help. Ming Wai wanted to make sure she didn't eat anything before the Birthday Girl got her first bite. SJ...couldn't last that long, and I didn't want to push him over the edge. 

Speaking of pushing....

Ying Ying eventually figured out where the cake was. (She started by picking off the sprinkles, one by one, and eating those. That drove Ming Wai NUTS. Eating sprinkles doesn't equal eating cake. Which meant Ming Wai wouldn't let herself have any cake yet. She was shouting, "Eat the CAKE! THE CAKE! NOT THE SPRINKLES! ARRGGGGHHHHH!") 

(It was precious.) 


"Mommy, my hands...they are squishy. And sticky. I like."


Eventually, she just started poking holes all over the cake with her sticky little fingers. 


And then she handed me the plate. And that was that!

Happy birthday to my smart, sassy, opinionated, cheerful, playful little Dragon baby! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!