Sometimes, unplanned days are the best ones! The kids were sniffly and sleepy this morning, so we didn't go to my Wednesday Zumba class. Instead, we went to the library to return books, and then I made a spur of the moment decision to take the kids to the children's museum. I LOVE our little local museum! 10 minutes away, small enough where nobody gets lost, and the exhibits are always changing. Today, we got extra lucky- a neighbor (Ming wai's best friend) happened to be heading to the museum today as well! They have a little girl BooBoo's age, and all five kids played together happily for about an hour before I had to leave to give BooBoo her nap. My neighbor asked if she could keep Ming Wai with her, and I agreed.
I took SJ home, and let BooBoo take a nap. SJ and I had lunch (turns out he hates spinach and mushroom omelets. Who knew??!) and I got some work calls done. (I've just started as a Health Coach. Best job, ever.)
By the time Ming Wai came home a few hours later, it was time for dinner. I tried to get fancy tonight. It was SUPPOSED to be brown rice, cauliflower "tater tots", Kung pao shrimp, and dry fries garlic green beans.
Dinner would have been better if I hadn't named the recipes first.
The rice was good. The "tater tots" were tasty, wouldn't hold their shape and ended up just cooked in a pan, like scrambled eggs. The shrimp was nothing like Kung pao, but was everyone's favorite dish. The green beans were practically raw, and had no garlic flavor, but fresh beans are nice too.
So. Oh well. I tried!
After dinner I ran out the door to meet Lo Gung at the temple to do Sealings.
All in all, an excellent Wednesday!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!