Friday, August 8, 2014

August 7, 2014





What a day. Considering how busy it felt....you would think I would have a lot more done!! We are preparing for our annual Family Reunion, and that means I need to prepare my family of five to live Elsewhere. For a week. 

I spent all day working on this project. Am I packed? No. Did I do the laundry so I COULD pack? No. Did I check what the kids "packed" days ago? No. 

I invited my sister over and made her kids empty out my fridge. I mentally packed and re-packed my bags, so when it was Go Time, I could FLY. And I made enough side dishes to feed an army (in an attempt to empty out my crisper drawer) for a reunion of a different sort! 

When I was a wee lass, in kindergarten, my family played host to a young man from Japan. Shoichi was one of our all-time favorite exchange students. And today, 27 years later, he was able to return and visit! It was not his first visit in all that time, but the last time he was here was about 8 years ago, so he had never met the bulk of my off-spring. His 9 year old girl was a bit shy at first, but after a belly full of KFC, and a small romp with some neighborhood dogs, she disappeared with Ernie (9), Ming Wai (7), Mimi, and SJ (both 5). Literally. They were playing hide and seek and none of the parents could leave the park. Ha! 

Such a fun evening - his wife and baby boy are also ridiculously wonderful - and a fantastic way to end a breezy summer day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment, good, bad or ugly! Please remember to leave your name and/or e-mail address in the comments if you do not have an OpenID or Google account so I can thank you!